We are looking for someone to fill a brand new position on our team! The operator will work closely with farm owner Max, aiding in the operation of the farm’s tillage, planting, and cultivation equipment. During heavy harvest periods or lulls in production needs the operator will join our harvest team.
This is an entry-level position! Some previous tractor work is required but we will train you to work with our equipment.
The position starts in April and goes through November/Early December. Hours vary between 40-60/week depending on the season.
Basic tractor experience is required: comfort with and knowledge of the functionality, controls, and safety of tractor operation.
This is an entry level position designed for someone who has some low-skill (mowing, bucket work, etc) tractor work and is interested in gaining more experience in operation of agricultural equipment.
1 year of experience on a production farm is required.
Applicant should be able to lift 50lbs repeatedly, work in all weather conditions, and have appropriate work gear.
- Transplanting, cultivating, tillage, bed prep, irrigation, and harvest.
- Operating 75 and 95 hp tractors with a variety of implements
- Coordinating with farm owner to insure effective and efficient completion of tasks
- Basic up-keep of machinery; i.e. lubricating grease points, power washing, cleaning of operator station
- Communicating issues with equipment and field conditions with farm owner
- Harvesting of produce when machinery operation is not needed.
- Other farm related tasks as needed
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40-50 hrs/week. Main season hours are 7am-5:30pm
Compensation: This position is paid $13/hr plus free fresh produce.